Monday, February 23, 2009

I am thankful...

I am thankful for my husband

Who says he doesn't want hot dogs tonight

Because he is home with me

And not out with someone else

For my husband who is on the sofa

Being a couch potato

Because he is home with me

And not out at the Bars

For my children

Who are complaining about doing chores and cleaning up their mess

Because it means they are at home

And not on the streets

For the taxes I pay

Because it means I am employed

For the mess to clean after the party

Because it means I have been surrounded

By people who care about me

For the clothes that fit a little too snug

Because it means I have enough to eat

For my shadow that watches me at work

Because it means I am out in the sunshine

For the lawn that needs mowing

Windows that need cleaning

Gutters that need fixing

Because it means I have a home

For all the complaining I hear about the government

Because it means we have freedom of speech

For the parking spot

I find at the far end of the parking lot

Because it means I am capable of walking

And have been blessed with transportation

For my huge heating bill

Because it means I am warm

For my huge electric bill in the summer months

Because it means I am comfortably cool

For the noise that often annoys me

Because it means I can hear

For the pile of laundry

Because it means I have clothes to wear

For the weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day

Because it means I am capable of working hard

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours

Because it means I am alive

And finally for too much email

Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me


Until next time happy humans,

Live well, Laugh often, & Love with all of your heart!

Don’t be Judgmental of those around you, check yourself and help others

XOXO



No comments: